“Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.” Titus 2:3-5
All women cherish their friendships. At Westminster, our friendships extend beyond our walls to each other’s homes and across the miles…rooted in the love we share in Christ.
Join us for Bible study, sewing fellowship, making crafts, serving up hospitality, making meals for the ill or bereaved, supporting our schools, making college care packages, and not writing–these are just some of the ways women connect with each other in meaningful conversation and deeds. Look at the opportunities below to make new friends at Westminster. For more information about one of these ministries, call the church office at 283-4643.
- Mercy Meal Teams–caring for Westminster members through meal provision due to special circumstances such as illness or new baby arrival.
- Bereavement–caring for Westminster members through meal provision and emotional support due to the loss of a loved one.
- College Care–getting involved with our college students via birthday cards, notes of encouragement, and care packages.
- Missions Support–ministering to the many missionaries supported by Westminster. Volunteers are needed to wrap gifts, help with events at the annual Missions Conference, and correspond with missionaries.
- Hospitality & Special Events–assisting in preparing refreshments, making dinners, and decorating for special events at the church.
- Prayer Chain–committing to pray for the urgent needs of our church family as they arise.
- Card Ministry–writing notes periodically to our homebound members and others, for encouragement.
- Women of Westminster (WOW) Bible Studies–participating in weekly in-depth Bible studies with other women.
- Spring Women’s Conference–sometime in April or May, join women of all ages–from Westminster and other churches throughout the region–to enjoy dinner and refreshments, and a special guest speaker.
For more information about one of these ministries, call the church office at 283-4643.